(RADIATOR) Config possibilities?

Faisal Imtiaz Faisal at Snappydsl.net
Tue Feb 13 11:02:10 CST 2007

Now, you are making me think hard. -:)

ACL filters are passed on as extended attributes, part of the user config.

If you are using txt file for user login/password, then they would look
something like as such:-
	user2		Password = "test"
			Service-Type = Framed,
			Framed-Protocol = PPP,
			Framed-IP-Address = 2.1.1.2,
			Filter-Id = "in:block-in"
			Filter-Id = "out:block-out"

This above example is for the Redback SMS router.

Look in your Ascend Manuals for the Appropriate attributes for the ACL list,
and then make sure that you have the dictionary file loaded in Radiator.
Based upon the exact name the filter/ACL attribute is called in the
dictionary, then you can use it to pass on the NAS via the user config for
that particular user.

Pretty much the same way as you would pass on a framed-route or even DNS
settings, the ACL filter is just another attribute, (You will have to find
the exact one, from the Ascend documentation) and then pass that on via the
user record.

I hope that this makes sense. It is a bit screwy to understand if you are
dealing with this for the first time.

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Computer Office Solutions Inc. /SnappyDSL.net
Ph: (305) 663-5518