(RADIATOR) Bandwidth Management via Radiator RADIUS

Mark Tinka aknit444 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 03:25:20 CST 2007

Hi all.

We are looking at running a CDMA-2000 type wireless
network for Internet access and would like to manage
bandwidth for each user via RADIUS.

We are thinking of doing it either between the CPE and
base station (if the base station supports it), or
between the CPE and aggregation router.

Customer connections would be PPPoE authenticating via
RADIUS. Are there any attributes we can pass in the
RADIUS replies that would limit a customer's
connection to 64Kbps, 128Kbps, 256Kbps, e.t.c., based
solely on their username?

Aggregation device would be Cisco.

I wouldn't mind listening to other ways this can be
done. We are trying to find the most efficient and
scalable way to manage customer bandwidth for this
solution.

All help appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark.