(RADIATOR) How to send accounting logs to SYSLOG

Stuart Kendrick skendric at fhcrc.org
Fri Feb 9 10:21:37 CST 2007

hi hugh,

i'd like to express my enthusiasm for this capability

we host Radiator on Windows, where this capability would be particularly
useful

we employ one of those "forward Windows logs to syslog" programs ...
which is better than nothing ... but decidedly limited.  for starters,
these forwarding programs insert a delay or a minute or more between
receipt of the log entry from Radiator to propagating the entry to our
loghost ... annoying from an accounting perspective and a bear when
trying to correlate events while trouble-shooting.  and it is another
point-of-failure ... another link in the chain which can, and does, stop
working, requiring operator intervention to fix.  [yes, i would like to
monitor this service and restart it automatically when it fails, but i'm
not that smart yet]

if Radiator could forward directly to syslog, we could eliminate both
these issues

i haven't a clue what your list looks like, as far as bug fixes and
enhancements go, nor what your customer base in general wants, so i
won't pretend to be able to rank this feature request alongside those
other requests.  but i figure that expressing my enthusiasm for it, and
explaining why, can help you prioritize

--sk

stuart kendrick
fhcrc