(RADIATOR) Using hooks with AuthGeneric->find in Solaris

Nacho Paredes iparedes at eurocomercial.es
Thu Feb 8 11:58:34 CST 2007

Hi all,

I have successfully used the

AuthGeneric->find('SQLIdent')

for referencing DataBase handlers in hooks.

At least I've had success using it in Linux systems. Recently I have
migrated a Radiator system from Linux to Solaris (same Radiator version,
same configuration, same hooks) and everything went fine except a hook using
the AuthGeneric->find, I solved it writing the code for connecting to the
database in the hook instead the AuthGeneric->find call, but, despite the
performance loss, I would like to know why it didn't work across platforms.

Any idea?

Regards.

Ignacio Paredes Tamargo
EUROCOMERCIAL – Dpto. Técnico