(RADIATOR) Threading support (again)

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Aug 28 17:11:37 CDT 2007

Hello Robert, Hello Dominic -

Yes this is usually the case - although it is platform dependent.

However, you can also use an instance of Radiator configured for
loadbalancing to distribute requests across multiple of instances of
Radiator on different ports on the same host.

I don't use this approach though, because it can be quite confusing.

On 28 Aug 2007, at 23:33, Robert Blayzor wrote:

> Dominic J. Eidson wrote:
>>
>> I don't know if Radiator does it now, but IMHO, if you bind
>> Radiator to
>> a specific IP address, any traffic sourced by that Radiator instance
>> should come from that IP. And yes, you can set a source address
>> for UDP
>> traffic.
>

> I found that not to be the case, at least on FreeBSD and PERL
> 5.8.x, if
> that makes a difference.
>
> If I change Radiator's bind address, it will only listen on that
> address, but it will still reply on the main IP address of the server.
>
> --
> Robert Blayzor
> INOC
> rblayzor at inoc.net