(RADIATOR) Logging from Hooks

Chris Cronje - MWEB CCronje at mweb.com
Thu Aug 16 04:46:25 CDT 2007

Hi There,

I have a question about logging messages from inside hooks.

If for example I have a logging config that looks like this:

LogFile         %L/logfile

<Handler xxx>

  Identifier TEST

  PostAuthHook file:"/etc/radiator/PostAuthHook.pl"

  <Log FILE>

     Identifier TESTLOG

     Filename %L/test_logfile

   </Log>

Usually we use the following method to log stuff from within hooks:

&main::log($main::LOG_DEBUG,"This is a log message");

But the above message only logs to the default logfile.

Is there a way that I can log messages into test_logfile from within a
hook, instead of just the default logfile ? One other question - is
there documentation somewhere of all the functions that are available to
use from within hooks ?

Thanks

Chris

MWEB brings you the freedom of Wireless 3G/HSDPA technology for only R199p/m
for the first 6 months and thereafter R249p/m on 500MB package. (T&C’s apply)

To join, call 08600 32000 now or click here http://www.mweb.co.za/home/join/ to find out more

MWEB :-)  JUST LIKE THAT