(RADIATOR) AuthBy SQL Encrypted Password Question

Malenshek, Stephen stephen.malenshek at rightnow.com
Mon Apr 23 14:38:46 CDT 2007

I presently have a MySQL database setup, which stores all user related information within it.  I have made the necessary configurations within the router and everything looks as it should, but I get the following error when attempting to authenticate:

Mon Apr 23 13:01:11 2007: DEBUG: Query is: 'SELECT password, radcheck, radreply FROM tenant_vty WHERE username = 'stephen.malenshek' AND acctstatus = '0'':

Mon Apr 23 13:01:11 2007: DEBUG: Radius::AuthSQL looks for match with stephen.malenshek at rightnow.com [stephen.malenshek at rightnow.com]

Mon Apr 23 13:01:11 2007: DEBUG: Radius::AuthSQL REJECT: Bad Encrypted password: stephen.malenshek at rightnow.com [stephen.malenshek at rightnow.com]

Mon Apr 23 13:01:11 2007: DEBUG: AuthBy SQL result: REJECT, Bad Encrypted password

Mon Apr 23 13:01:11 2007: INFO: Access rejected for stephen.malenshek at rightnow.com: Bad Encrypted password

Once it hits this error, the daemon dies...  The password is stored within the column as SHA1 and prefixed within the table with {SHA}, which from what I can tell from the documentation, is the appropriate format.  Within the <AuthBy SQL> statement in the configuration file, I have that return item specified as the following:

AuthColumnDef 0, Encrypted-Password, check

I am sure I have missed something, but I just can not figure out what I have done.  Please let me know if you any questions and thanks for the assistance.

Stephen Malenshek
Telecommunication Services Administrator
Bozeman, Montana

RightNow Technologies
stephen.malenshek at rightnow.com
406-556-3338 office