(RADIATOR) Multiple groups from LDAP

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Apr 16 20:44:30 CDT 2007

Hello Brent -

You are correct - you will need an AuthBy LDAP for each case.

If you are concerned about performance, you could use a StartupHook
to load the group definitions into memory from the LDAP server, and
then use a PostAuthHook to apply them.

There are numerous example hooks in the Radiator distribution in
"goodies/hooks.txt".

hope that helps

On 17 Apr 2007, at 10:23, Brent Miller wrote:

> Question regarding multiple groups.
>
> We have Radiator authenticating a Cisco ASA off of an LDAP server
> (OS X OD if it makes a difference).  Works wonderfully for yes/no
> access.  I'm starting on having Radiator push specific DACLs for
> users depending on what groups they belong to.  The hard part is
> the groups have to be additive with thier DACLs (being in both
> group A and B needs to give access to server A and B).
>
> What's the recommended method for this?  I'm figure worse case is
> an <AuthBy Group> with an <AuthBy LDAP> for each access group, with
> an specifc AddToReply cisco-avpair in each one, but I'm hoping
> there's a cleaner way than making a ldap call for each group each
> time a user tries to log in.
>

> Brent Miller
> Network Support Engineer
> United States Institute of Peace