(RADIATOR) Groups, RewriteUsername and preserving the original request

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz-lists at cksoft.de
Tue Apr 10 03:15:48 CDT 2007

Hi,

while simplifying a config we found something that seems to be
in Radiator by design but is not necessarily logical.

Assuming one has a config like (just as an example):

<Handler>
 	<AuthBy GROUP>

 		RewriteUsername tr/A-Z/a-z/

 		<AuthBy ..>
 			..
 		</AuthBy>
 		<AuthBy ..>
 			..

 	<AuthBy RADIUS>
 		..
 	</AuthBy>
</Handler>

The result of the RewriteUsername inside the <AuthBy GROUP> will still
be visible in the <AuthBy RADIUS> outside the <AuthBy GROUP>.

If one wants to have such a behavior one would put the RewriteUsername
inside the handler and not at that place inside the <AuthBy GROUP>.

As said that seems to be "by design" but it might be a good idea to
change that with a major release maybe along with entirely preserving
the "original request" as received?  (I understand that a lot of
configs will break with the former being changed)

Regards,
Bjoern A. Zeeb

--
Dipl. Ing. (BA) Bjoern A. Zeeb          Research & Development
CK Software GmbH                        http://www.cksoft.de/

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au