(RADIATOR) EAP-TTLS and PEAP with <AuthBy SQLRADIUS>

Sami Keski-Ksari samikk at archred.com
Thu Apr 5 11:47:36 CDT 2007

Hi All,

We are using PEAP and EAP-TTLS in our network and that causes problems
when using <AuthBy SQLRADIUS>. If our host1 is dead then every
access-request needs to wait timeout before they are send to host2. That
causes 802.1X-client timeout issues.

My second problem is that I am going to have many realms and there will be
some automated scripts that will maintain realms etc. So I thought that
best solution for us would be use <AuthBy SQLRADIUS>. Then we doesn't need
to give access to radiator config-file etc.

While trying to find solution to my problem, I found this message:
https://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/2002-09/msg00152.html

Is there any workaround to get FailureBackoffTime for hosts specified in
database when using <AuthBy SQLRADIUS>?
Or do you have any other nice solutions for that?

Regards,
 Sami

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au