(RADIATOR) Ignoring accounting replies

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Oct 20 06:29:50 CDT 2006

Hello Elias -

I'm not quite sure I understand your requirements.

Why do you have an AuthBy INTERNAL and AccountingHandled?

What exactly are you wanting to do?

I would have thought something like this would be better:

   ### proxy only stop accounting to 1st host, replies are needed and
timeouts need to be logged for checking ###
   <AuthBy RADIUS>
     Identifier ForwardAccountingStopsOnlyToHost1
     StripFromRequest Class
     AccountingStopsOnly
     Host          x.x.x.x
     Secret       mysecret
     Retries       3
     RetryTimeout 5
     IgnoreAccountingResponse
   </AuthBy>

   ### proxy all accounting to 2nd host, replies can be ignored and
timeouts do not need to be logged ###
   <AuthBy RADIUS>
     Identifier ForwardAllAccountingToHost2
     IgnoreReplySignature
     Host         y.y.y.y
     Secret       mysecret
     Retries      0
     RetryTimeout 1
     IgnoreAccountingResponse
   </AuthBy>

  <AuthBy INTERNAL>
    Identifier RejectAuthentication
    AuthResult	REJECT
  </AuthBy>

# Handle accounting stops
<Handler Acct-Status-Type = Stop, Realm = /abc/i>
    AccountingHandled
    AcctLogFileName /export/home/radacct/%c/detail_%v-%d-%Y
    AuthByPolicy ContinueAlways
    AuthBy ForwardAccountingStopsOnlyToHost1
    AuthBy ForwardAllAccountingToHost2
</Handler>

# Handle all other accounting
<Handler Request-Type = Accounting-Request, Realm = /abc/i>
    AccountingHandled
    AcctLogFileName /export/home/radacct/%c/detail_%v-%d-%Y
    AuthBy ForwardAllAccountingToHost2
</Handler>

# Handle authentication
<Handler Realm = /abc/i>
    AuthBy RejectAuthentication
</Handler>

hope that helps

On 20 Oct 2006, at 19:44, Elias wrote:

> [...]
> particular proxied host? This is how I've got my handler set up but
> its still not behaving the way I'm looking for.
>
> <Handler Realm = /abc/i>
>    AuthByPolicy DoEverything
>
>   ### default behaviour, accept all accounting locally ###
>   AccountingHandled
>   AcctLogFileName /export/home/radacct/%c/detail_%v-%d-%Y
>
>   <AuthBy INTERNAL>
>     AuthResult            REJECT
>     AcctStartResult     ACCEPT
>     AcctStopResult     ACCEPT
>     DefaultResult         REJECT
>   </AuthBy>
>
>   ### proxy only stop accounting to 1st host, replies are needed
> and timeouts need to be logged for checking ###
>   <AuthBy RADIUS>
>     StripFromRequest Class
>     AccountingStopsOnly
>     Host          x.x.x.x
>     Secret       mysecret
>     Retries       3
>     RetryTimeout 5
>   </AuthBy>
>
>   ### proxy all accounting to 2nd host, replies can be ignored and
> timeouts do not need to be logged ###
>   <AuthBy RADIUS>
>     IgnoreAccountingResponse
>     IgnoreReplySignature
>     Host         y.y.y.y
>     Secret       mysecret
>     Retries      1
>     RetryTimeout 1
>   </AuthBy>
>

> </Handler>
>

> Fri Oct 20 17:37:36 2006: INFO: AuthRADIUS: No reply after 1
> retransmissions to y.y.y.y:1646 for xxx at abc  (222)
> Fri Oct 20 17:37:36 2006: INFO: AuthRADIUS could not find a working
> host to forward to. Ignoring
> Fri Oct 20 17:37:36 2006: INFO: AuthRADIUS: No reply after 1
> retransmissions to y.y.y.y:1646 for yyy at abc  (169)
> Fri Oct 20 17:37:36 2006: INFO: AuthRADIUS could not find a working
> host to forward to. Ignoring
>

> Regards,
>
> Elias Ahmed Kamal
> System & Network Management
> ISP Technical Operations, TM Net Sdn Bhd
> 5th Floor, Telekom Brickfields, Jln Tun Sambathan
> 50470 Kuala Lumpur
> Fax     : +603 2272 5291
> Email  : elias at tmnet.com.my

> ******************************************************* This
> message represents the personal views and opinion of the individual
> sender and under no circumstances represents those of TM Net Sdn.
> Bhd. The shareholders, directors and management of TM Net Sdn. Bhd.
> accept no responsibility and accordingly shall have no liability to
> any party whatsoever with respect to the contents of this message
>

> *****The message represents the personal views and opinion of the
> individual sender and under no circumstances represents those of TM
> Net Sdn. Bhd. The shareholders, directors and management of TM Net
> Sdn. Bhd. accept no responsibility and accordingly shall have no
> liability to any party whatsoever with respect to the contents of

NB:

radiator)?

and DIAMETER translation agent.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au