(RADIATOR) howto give out dynamic ip

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Oct 19 20:43:15 CDT 2006

Hello Rosario -

I'm not clear if the IP address pool should be defined in the PPPoE
concentrator or in Radiator.

In general it is preferable to have the concentrator do the IP
address allocations. If you define multiple IP address pools on the
concentrator(s) you can use the "Framed-Pool" reply attribute to
specify which one to use for each user.

Otherwise if you want Radiator to do the IP address allocation you
should use an AuthBy DYNADDRESS clause together with an
AddressAllocator SQL clause. You will find an example configuration
file showing how to do this in "goodies/addressallocator.cfg" in the
Radiator 3.15 distribution.

On 19 Oct 2006, at 23:19, Rosario Pingaro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are going to serve more PPPoE concetrator with our radiator
> server, but the IP must be from an unique pool.
> So I can use the pool inside the concentrator and need to pass the
> ip in reply attribute.
>
> But I have to replicate what the concentrator is doing now, pass
> the first available ip in a pool.
>
> How to do it in radiator?
> Is there an exemple configuration?
>
> Thanks