(RADIATOR) Accounting / Session to Log SYSLOG ?

Faisal Imtiaz Faisal at Snappydsl.net
Thu Oct 12 06:22:08 CDT 2006

Hello,

While we are on the subject of logging messages to Syslog.

Is there a way to send the accounting messages to Syslog ?
  i.e.
	>         # Log accounting to a detail file
	>         AcctLogFileName        /usr/local/etc/radiator/detail
Instead of going into a file, send these to a central Syslog server.

Or
   Is there a way to send the session messages to Syslog ?

Our customer support reps use the Syslog heavily to provide customer support
and troubleshoot DSL connections.
In the 'Log off' Accounting message there is a key bit of information
(reason for login off) that they could use by accessing it via Syslog.
Logging at Trace 3 give too little info, and logging at Trace 4 give too
much info !

Thanks.

Faisal Imtiaz
Computer Office Solutions Inc. /SnappyDSL.net
Ph: (305) 663-5518

> [...]

>                 AuthColumnDef 9, GENERIC, reply
>                 AuthColumnDef 10, GENERIC, reply
>                 AuthColumnDef 11, GENERIC, reply
>                 AuthColumnDef 12, GENERIC, reply
>
>                 # Define Table and Columns for Accounting
>                 AccountingTable ACCOUNTING
>                 AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
>                 AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,formatted-date,\
>                                 '%Y/%m/%e %H:%M:%S'
>                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
>                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
>                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-
> Octets,integer
>                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-
> Octets,integer
>                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
>                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-
> Time,integer
>                 AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-
> Cause
>                 AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
>                 AcctColumnDef   NASIPADDRESS,NAS-IP-Address
>                 AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
>                 AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
>         </AuthBy>
>         <ClientListSQL>
>                 DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius:localhost
>                 DBUsername      xxxxxx
>                 DBAuth          xxxxxxxx
>                 RefreshPeriod   30
>         </ClientListSQL>
>
>        <SessionDatabase SQL>
>                 DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius:localhost
>                 DBUsername      xxxxxx
>                 DBAuth          xxxxxxxx
> 		AddQuery	insert into RADONLINE (USERNAME,
> NASIDENTIFIER, NASPORT, ACCTSESSIONID, TIME_STAMP, FRAMEDIPADDRESS,
> NASPORTTYPE, SERVICETYPE) values ('%u', '%{NAS-Identifier}', '%2', %
> 3, '%A', '%{Framed-IP-Address}', '%{NAS-Port-Type}',
> '%{Service-Type}')
> 		DeleteQuery	delete from RADONLINE where USERNAME=%0
>        </SessionDatabase SQL>
>
>         # Log accounting to a detail file
>         AcctLogFileName        /usr/local/etc/radiator/detail
>
> 	<AuthLog SQL>
>                 # MySQL DB, DB radius, host localhost
>                 DBSource dbi:mysql:radius:localhost
>                 DBUsername xxxxx
>                 DBAuth xxxxxxxxx
> 	        Table RADAUTHLOG
> 		SuccessQuery insert into RADAUTHLOG (TIME_STAMP, USERNAME,
TYPE,
> REASON, PASSWORD) values ('%l','%n', %0, 'Succeeded','%P')
>                 FailureQuery insert into RADAUTHLOG (TIME_STAMP,
> USERNAME, TYPE, REASON, PASSWORD) values ('%l','%n', %0,
> 'Failed','%P')
>                 LogSuccess 1
>                 LogFailure 1
> 	</AuthLog>
> 	<Log SYSLOG>
> 		Facility local5
>		Trace 4
>		LogSuccess 1
> 		LogFailure 1
> 		SuccessFormat	%l,%n,%0,Success
> 		FailureFormat	%l,%n,%0,Failure,%P
> 	</Log>
>
>  </Realm>

> Faisal Imtiaz
> Computer Office Solutions Inc. /SnappyDSL.net

NB:

radiator)?
Have you included a copy of your configuration file (no secrets), together
with a trace 4 debug showing what is happening?

Includes support for reliable RADIUS transport (RadSec), and DIAMETER
translation agent.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au