(RADIATOR) Radius Realms

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Oct 9 03:47:09 CDT 2006

Hello Andrew -

Cisco's do this when they are configured for VPDN and RADIUS.

They send the first radius request with the realm suffix only, and
this is usually what is used to set up the tunnel.

The second radius request is the normal username/password
authentication.

You should check the Cisco web site for details.

On 9 Oct 2006, at 17:27, Andrew wrote:

> Any idea what might cause Radiator to try and authenticate the
> realm? Or is
> it the Cisco that's messing things up.
> Here's an extract from my authlog and I'm just going to grab a
> debug trace
> now. Note that on this same radius server I have a radiator server
> running
> in another process with a different config and it handles realms ok?
>
> 2006:realm.com.au:cisco:FAIL
> 2006:user:pass:OK

NB:

radiator)?