(RADIATOR) Cisco CSS, ERR: Could not accept on Tacacs listen socket: Software caused connection abort

Ulf Fischer ulf.fischer at de.easynet.net
Thu Oct 5 08:31:30 CDT 2006

Hi,

we have some Cisco CSS (Content Service Switches)
since we configured them to use our radiator servers for
authentication we see the following error message in
the logfile:

Thu Oct  5 14:57:13 2006: ERR: Could not accept on Tacacs listen socket: Software caused connection abort

i find out that there is an command called:
tacacs-server frequency number
this are keepalives which the CSS send to check if the Tacacs server is running or not.
i get the error messages exact in that time interval i configure the tacacs-server frequency.
(The default is 5 seconds, so until i find out what is the cause of this error message we had a lot of them.)

we don't get any other problems just this error messages.
but if somebody knows how we could avoid this error messages i'm interessted.

regards,
ulf

--
Easynet GmbH | www.de.easynet.net