(RADIATOR) radiator handling NAS-down condition?

Claudio Lapidus clapidus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 18:33:23 CST 2006

Hello Prakash

Many NAS models can be configured to send a special type of accounting
messages, known as Accounting-On and Accounting-Off messages. With proper
configuration, Radiator and its associated session database can handle this
automatically. Essentially, when an Accounting-Off is received, the server
shuts down all sessions belonging to that NAS. However, this only occurs in
case of a programmed shutdown, because in case of a crash the NAS doesn't
have the opportunity to send any message. But when the NAS starts up again,
it sends an Accounting-On, telling the server that any previous session for
that NAS is no longer valid.

Please see RFC2866, section 5.1 for details.

hope this helps
cl.