(RADIATOR) 802.1x accounting packets

Fred Leeflang fredl at 3dn.nl
Mon Nov 6 16:06:25 CST 2006

Hi,

We have a Radiator setup with which we're recording accounting
packets into a mysql database through:

<AuthBy SQL>
    DateFormat %Y-%m-%d %X
    Identifier SQLAccounting
    DBSource DBI:mysql:database=usertracking;host=127.0.0.1
    DBUsername utuser
    DBAuth resutu
    AuthSelect
    AccountingTable RAD_ACCOUNTING
    HandleAcctStatusTypes Start,Stop
    AcctColumnDef USERNAME,User-Name
    AcctColumnDef TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer-date
    AcctColumnDef ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
    AcctColumnDef ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
    AcctColumnDef ACCTINPUTOCT,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
    AcctColumnDef ACCTOUTPUTOCT,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
    AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
    AcctColumnDef ACCTSESSTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
    AcctColumnDef ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
    AcctColumnDef NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
    AcctColumnDef NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
    AcctColumnDef NASIPADDRESS,NAS-IP-Address
    AcctColumnDef CALLEDSTATIONID,Called-Station-Id
    AcctColumnDef CALLINGSTATIONID,Calling-Station-Id
</Authby>

# ----------------Wireless Accounting ssid=test----------------
<Handler Request-Type = Accounting-Request, Realm=student.rug.nl>
        AuthBy SQLAccounting
</Handler>

It all seems to work quite well except we're seeing accounting packets
like these
coming in:

Code:       Accounting-Request
Identifier: 67
Authentic:  Me<181><28>\<28>;<227><11><226>e(f<146>\%
Attributes:
        Acct-Session-Id = "0000044A"
        Called-Station-Id = "000d.29f0.a340"
        Calling-Station-Id = "0040.9651.77b8"
        cisco-avpair = "ssid=test"
        cisco-avpair = "vlan-id=17"
        cisco-avpair = "nas-location=unspecified"
        cisco-avpair = "auth-algo-type=eap-ttls"
        *User-Name = "anonymous at student.rug.nl"*
        Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
        cisco-avpair = "connect-progress=Call Up"
        Acct-Session-Time = 3516
        Acct-Input-Octets = 203580
        Acct-Output-Octets = 1073541
        Acct-Input-Packets = 1241
        Acct-Output-Packets = 1006
        Acct-Terminate-Cause = Lost-Carrier
        cisco-avpair = "disc-cause-ext=No Reason"
        Acct-Status-Type = Stop
        NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-IEEE-802-11
        Cisco-NAS-Port = "525"
        NAS-Port = 525
        Service-Type = Framed-User
        NAS-IP-Address = 129.125.100.202
        Acct-Delay-Time = 0

So this looks like it logs the outter user-name instead of the inner
username.
I have a feeling that this is an AP configuration issue and doesn't have
anything
to do with Radiator so I'm not including the whole debug/config at this
time to
keep it light. If I recall, the site this is running on is using Cisco
1200 AP's.

Any quickfix here or do I need to send the whole config to figure this
one out?

Thanks a lot!

--
Fred Leeflang                                           3DN
Tel. 06-46182773 / 036-5467838                       Almere
http://www.3dn.nl                              fredl at 3dn.nl