(RADIATOR) getting proxy details

Gareth Hopkins ghopkins at uunet.co.za
Sun May 28 06:42:26 CDT 2006

On Sat, 27 May 2006, Hugh Irvine wrote:

HI>Hello Gareth -
HI>
HI>I'm sorry but I don't understand the question - could you give me a bit more
HI>detail please?

Hi Hugh,

The way we do authentication is based on nasip addresses where different nas's
support different services. So we rewrite username to username:service and if
the request comes from a nas that provides that service, the user gets
authenticated.

Example:
--------
NAS 10.1.0.1 - service A
NAS 10.1.0.2 - service B

username:servicea gets authenticated against requests from 10.1.0.1
username:serviceb gets authenticated against requests from 10.1.0.2

We get a number of requests from nas's that we do not administer whose requests
are proxied to us so unless we know the IP address of the NAS we are unable to
authenticate based on the above authentication model. What I am wanting to do
is view the proxy address for requests that are proxied to us in the same way
we view the nas IP address using getNasId.

So is there anyway to do the above with something like getProxyId ?

Thanks :)

HI>On 27 May 2006, at 03:18, Gareth Hopkins wrote:
HI>
HI>>
HI>> Howdie,
HI>>
HI>> 	I am currently using a preauth hook to rewrite usernames based
HI>> on nas IP addresses. So user foo from nas 1 becomes foo1 and user bar
HI>> from nas 2 becomes bar2. Am using the getNasId hook and this works
HI>> perfectly.
HI>>
HI>> <snip>
HI>>
HI>> $nas_id = ${$_[0]}->getNasId();
HI>>
HI>> </snip>
HI>>
HI>> 	Is there anyway to extract a proxy servers IP from requests that
HI>> are proxied to do something similar where user foo from nasx and proxy1
HI>> becomes foo1 ?
HI>>
HI>> Thanks
HI>>
HI>> ---
HI>> Gareth Hopkins
HI>> Verizon Business
HI>> System Operations
HI>>
HI>> Telephone + 27 21 658 8519
HI>> Mobile +27 82 929 6668
HI>> Fax +27 21 658 8552
HI>>
HI>> UUNET SA is now operating as Verizon Business.
HI>>
HI>> Verizon Business is a brand of Verizon South Africa (Pty) Ltd. This e-mail
HI>> is strictly confidential and intended only for
HI>> use by the addressee unless otherwise indicated.
HI>>
HI>> --
HI>> Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/
HI>> Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au
HI>
HI>
HI>NB:
HI>
HI>Have you read the reference manual ("doc/ref.html")?
HI>radiator)?
HI>Have you had a quick look on Google (www.google.com)?
HI>Have you included a copy of your configuration file (no secrets),
HI>together with a trace 4 debug showing what is happening?
HI>
HI>--
HI>Radiator: the most portable, flexible and configurable RADIUS server
HI>anywhere. Available on *NIX, *BSD, Windows, MacOS X.
HI>-
HI>Nets: internetwork inventory and management - graphical, extensible,
HI>flexible with hardware, software, platform and database independence.
HI>-
HI>CATool: Private Certificate Authority for Unix and Unix-like systems.

---

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au