(RADIATOR) MySQL Database went away

Mishari Al-Faris mishari26 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 04:52:03 CST 2006

Hello All,

We have 2 Radiators talking to a 3rd server running MySQL to store
Accounting and Authlog information. Today we saw that our Accounting table
has grown pretty large and tried to INDEX the table, it had around 11
million records. This caused the MySQL server to get loaded, however the
problem was after a little while both our Radius servers stopped processing
Authentication Requests. When we were first trouble shooting the problem and
tried restarting radiator it would process a few requests then stop again.
Only when we killed the INDEX process on the MySQL server did the 2
radiators continue processing requests.

Can this behavior be corrected? please direct us in the right path. Because
we wish that the Radiators do not stop processing requests if the
Acct/Authlog DB becomes slow or unavailable.

Many thanks and regards,