(RADIATOR) RewriteUsername statements

Mike Gomez mgomez at iland.net
Thu Jun 8 09:09:17 CDT 2006

Hi there,

I've been looking through the radiator reference manual on doing some
rewriteusername commands, and just wanted to get the list's opinion on if I'm
going to be implementing this correctly.  Here's my current config file:

<Client DEFAULT>
IgnoreAcctSignature
        Secret  xxxxxxxx
        DupInterval 0
</Client>
<SessionDatabase SQL>
Identifier InSQL
DBSource dbi:mysql:radius:xxxxxxxx
       DBUsername xxxxxx
       DBAuth xxxxxx
      </SessionDatabase>
<Realm DEFAULT>
RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+)$/$1\@domain1.net/
<AuthBy SQL>
        DBSource dbi:mysql:radius:xxxxxxx
          DBUsername xxxxxx
             DBAuth xxxxxx
AuthSelect select PASSWORD,CHECKATTR,REPLYATTR \
        from SUBSCRIBERS \
                where USERNAME = '%n'

#AddToReply Service-Type = Framed-User, \
#Framed-Protocol = PPP
AccountingTable ACCT%Y%m
                AcctColumnDef    USERNAME,User-Name
                AcctColumnDef    TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer-date
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
                AcctColumnDef    ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Ascend-Disconnect-Cause
                AcctColumnDef    NASPORT_TYPE,NAS-Port-Type
                AcctColumnDef    NASADDRESS,NAS-IP-Address
                AcctColumnDef    FRAMEDADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
                AcctColumnDef    NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
                AcctColumnDef    NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
                AcctColumnDef    USRCONSPEED,Connect-Speed
                AcctColumnDef    USRCONSPEED,Connect-Info
                AcctColumnDef    MODULATION,Modulation-Type
                AcctColumnDef    CSI,Calling-Station-Id

        </AuthBy>
        # Log accounting to a detail file
        AcctLogFileName ./detail
</Realm>

As you can see, I've got the RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+)$/$1\@domain1.net/
under <Realm DEFAULT>.  What's happening is I've got a second set of modem
pools (from a different domain) that I'm going to be switching to our radius
server here soon.  So, I need a different rewrite username statement
(RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+)$/$1\@domain2.net/) to apply to requests only from
that second group of modem pools.  Can I use something like:

<Client "IP of first modem pool">
IgnoreAcctSignature
        Secret  xxxxxxxx
IdenticalClients "IP of second modem pool"
IdenticalClients "IP of third modem pool"
RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+)$/$1\@domain2.net/
</Client>

or would the rewriteusername statement under <Realm DEFAULT> override that?  I
just wanted to get opinions on it before I start messing with a production
system. ;)

Thanks!
--
Mike Gomez