(RADIATOR) LDAP2/ServerTACACSPLUS help!

mark mark at dis-europe.nl
Fri Jul 21 08:53:09 CDT 2006

Hello List,

I will give the scheme for my LDAP-server first, it's a simple setup for
a IT helpdesk/support office .

		dc=test

	    ou=group			   ou=Medewerkers(workers)
/		|		\	/           |          \
dc=helpdesk  dc=support   dc=roots    cn=james  cn=wilma      cn=bill

I want the workers to be able to access routers and switches but with
appropriate authorization schemes. for instance:

This group:

dn: cn=helpdesk,ou=Group,dc=test
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: top
objectClass: radiusprofile
cn: helpdesk
gidNumber: 8800
radiusReplyItem: cisco-avpair ="priv-lvl=1"

this user:

dn: cn=James,ou=Medewerkers,dc=test
cn: james
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
sn: Geen
uid: greet
homeDirectory: /tmp
shadowLastChange: 13322
mail: james at test.nl
userPassword: {MD5}
gidNumber: 8800
uidNumber: 8801

What i want to happen is :

AuthByPolicy ContinueWhileAccept

        <AuthBy LDAP2>
                # get user and group

        <AuthBy LDAP2>
                # check group
                SearchFilter (....)
        </AuthBy>

And the proper authorization is given !!

I have tried a couple of ways to get it to work but im too much of a
novice
to make it work.

A little bit more explicit help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the help so far.

Have a nice weekend

Mark

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au