(RADIATOR) hotspot with radiator

Jason Haltom jasonh at ideateksystems.com
Fri Jul 7 15:05:42 CDT 2006

Jordi,

Currently I am in the process of testing the NC-3500 unit from
http://www.valuepointnet.com/Controllers/INDEX.html.  It has full radius
support and can support about 200 concurrent users, and does not have a
user license limit like Nomadix (user limit is simply how far you can
push the hardware).  I have yet to get from them what reply attributes
we can send to the box, but the accounting packets contain:
User-Name
NAS-IP-Address
NAS-Identifier
Acct-Session-ID
Calling-Station-ID
Called-Station-ID
NAS-Port-Type
Acct-Session-Time
Acct-Terminate-Cause
Acct-Output-Packets
Acct-Input-Packets
Acct-Output-Octets
Acct-Input-Octets

We are planning on using these unites for hospitality and possibly a
university setup using radius for authentication and accounting.

With a web server you can very easily setup your own scripts to add,
remove, and manage user accounts.  I don’t want to draw anyone away from
Radmin as it is a nice product, but as you say it is to much for the
average hotel employee to use.  Write your own scripts for the front
desk to use for managing the users and then you can use Radmin for the
more difficult backend work.

The guys over at Valuepoint are nice to talk to and will do a lot to
help you out.

Good luck,
Jason