(RADIATOR) eap

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Jan 31 16:45:29 CST 2006

Hello Judy -

As usual, we will need to see the complete configuration file and a
trace 4 debug from startup to when the error occurs.

All of the Radiator modules are located in the "Radius" directory of
the distribution, including "Radius/EAP.pm" and "Radius/EAP_13.pm".

Here is a directory listing (looks better with a terminal font):

/Local/src/Radiator/Radiator-3.14 hugh$ ls Radius

AddressAllocatorDHCP.pm         AuthLogSYSLOG.pm
ClientListSQL.pm                Radius.pm
AddressAllocatorGeneric.pm      AuthMOBILEIP.pm
Configurable.pm                 RadpwtstGui.pm
AddressAllocatorSQL.pm          AuthMULTICAST.pm
Context.pm                      Rcrypt.pm
AttrVal.pm                      AuthNISPLUS.pm
DES.pm                          Realm.pm
AuthACE.pm                      AuthNT.pm
DHCP.pm                         Resolver.pm
AuthADSI.pm                     AuthNTLM.pm
EAP.pm                          SNMP.pm
AuthCDB.pm                      AuthOPIE.pm
EAP_13.pm                       SNMPAgent.pm
AuthDBFILE.pm                   AuthOTP.pm
EAP_17.pm                       SOAPRequest.pm
AuthDIGIPASS.pm                 AuthPAM.pm
EAP_21.pm                       Select.pm
AuthDNSROAM.pm                  AuthPLATYPUS.pm
EAP_25.pm                       ServerConfig.pm
AuthDYNADDRESS.pm               AuthPOP3.pm
EAP_26.pm                       ServerRADSEC.pm
AuthEMERALD.pm                  AuthPORTLIMITCHECK.pm
EAP_4.pm                        ServerTACACSPLUS.pm
AuthEMERALD4.pm                 AuthRADIUS.pm
EAP_5.pm                        SessDBM.pm
AuthEXTERNAL.pm                 AuthRADKEY.pm
EAP_6.pm                        SessGeneric.pm
AuthFILE.pm                     AuthRADMIN.pm
Finger.pm                       SessINTERNAL.pm
AuthGROUP.pm                    AuthRADSEC.pm
Handler.pm                      SessNULL.pm
AuthGeneric.pm                  AuthRODOPI.pm
Ldap.pm                         SessSQL.pm
AuthHTGROUP.pm                  AuthROUNDROBIN.pm
Log.pm                          SimpleClient.pm
AuthIMAP.pm                     AuthRSAMOBILE.pm
LogEMERALD.pm                   SqlDb.pm
AuthINTERNAL.pm                 AuthSASLAUTHD.pm
LogFILE.pm                      StatsLogFILE.pm
AuthIPASS.pm                    AuthSOAP.pm
LogGeneric.pm                   StatsLogGeneric.pm
AuthKRB5.pm                     AuthSQL.pm
LogSQL.pm                       StatsLogSQL.pm
AuthLDAP.pm                     AuthSQLRADIUS.pm
LogSYSLOG.pm                    Stream.pm
AuthLDAP2.pm                    AuthSYSTEM.pm
MSCHAP.pm                       StreamTLS.pm
AuthLDAPRADIUS.pm               AuthTACACSPLUS.pm
Mib.pm                          TLS.pm
AuthLDAPSDK.pm                  AuthTEST.pm
Monitor.pm                      Tacacsplus.pm
AuthLOADBALANCE.pm              AuthUNIX.pm
Nas                             User.pm
AuthLSA.pm                      AuthURL.pm
Nas.pm                          Util.pm
AuthLogFILE.pm                  AuthVOLUMEBALANCE.pm
Predicate.pm                    Win32Service.pm
AuthLogGeneric.pm               Client.pm                       RDict.pm
AuthLogSQL.pm                   ClientListLDAP.pm
RadSec.pm

On 1 Feb 2006, at 09:35, Judy Angel wrote:

> --On 01 February 2006 08:11 +1100 Hugh Irvine <hugh at open.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>> Hello Judy -
>>
>> I suspect you have not installed the necessary prerequisites.
>>
>> Here is part of the comment block in "goodies/eap_tls.cfg":
>>

>> #
>> # Requires Net_SSLeay.pm-1.21 or later
>> # Requires openssl 0.9.7beta3 or later
>> # See example in goodies/eap_tls.cfg
>> # Requires Digest-HMAC from CPAN
>> # Requires Digest-SHA1 from CPAN
>> #
>
> will do, but I get no errors with the command below, nor when I
> start radius, only when a client is trying to connect, do I get the
> error message.
>
> judy
>>

>> You can see these sorts of errors more easily in testing by running
>> radiusd from the command line:
>>
>> 	cd /your/Radiator/distribution
>>
>> 	perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file /your/
>> configuration/file
>>
>> BTW - you should also be running the latest Radiator 3.14.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Hugh
>>

>> On 1 Feb 2006, at 02:58, Judy Angel wrote:
>>
>>> ...skipping
>>> Tue Jan 31 15:06:37 2006: DEBUG: Handling with EAP: code 2, 7, 14
>>> Tue Jan 31 15:06:37 2006: DEBUG: Response type 1
>>> I am getting the error below, while testing eap-tls , but can not
>>> see any perl module called Radius::EAP can you please tell me which
>>> module I should be looking for.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> Judy Angel
>>> University of Hertfortfordshire
>>>

>>> Tue Jan 31 15:06:37 2006: ERR: Could not handle an EAP request:
>>> Can't locate obj
>>> ect method "response_identity" via package
>>> "Radius::EAP_13" (perhaps you forgot
>>> to load "Radius::EAP_13"?) at Radius/EAP.pm line 143.
>>>
>>> Tue Jan 31 15:06:37 2006: INFO: Access rejected for anonymous:
>>> Could not handle
>>> an EAP request
>>>
>>> --
>>> Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/
>>> Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au
>>

>> NB:
>>
>> Have you read the reference manual ("doc/ref.html")?
>> radiator)? Have you had a quick look on Google (www.google.com)?
>> Have you included a copy of your configuration file (no secrets),
>> together with a trace 4 debug showing what is happening?
>>
>> --
>> Radiator: the most portable, flexible and configurable RADIUS server
>> anywhere. Available on *NIX, *BSD, Windows, MacOS X.
>> -
>> Nets: internetwork inventory and management - graphical, extensible,
>> flexible with hardware, software, platform and database independence.
>> -
>> CATool: Private Certificate Authority for Unix and Unix-like systems.
>>

>> --
>> Archive at http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/
> [...]

radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au