(RADIATOR) RADIUS Attrib 28 (Idle-Timeout) default?

Martin Wallner Martin.Wallner at eunet.co.at
Mon Jan 23 10:32:18 CST 2006

Claudio,

thanks for the input..

In this setup, it can come either from the database or from the 'AddToReplyIfNotExist' clause, which is overwritten by the value in database, if there is an explicid result concerning the attribute. Sadly, neither in the database, nor in the AddToReplyIfNotExist stanza is 'Idle-Timeout' to find...

My problem is, that RADIATOR seems to send Idle-Timeout=0 in EVERY successful Access-Reply, even if it's not configured to... This is a misinterpretation of RFC, IMHO, but normally it don't does anything bad, only in this case, where CISCO-TAC explicitely asked to remove Attrib 28 for testing purposes (as shown in the mails before, the Authentication process is terminated by the router, after the Access Request is sent, 'Accept' + the bundle of settings from RADIATOR is received and when processing ... yes, of cause ... 'Idle-Timeout' .... post-RADIUS in the Authentication sequence of the IOS...)

=mw=

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au