(RADIATOR) News about MultiThread

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Dec 19 15:35:08 CST 2006

Hello Julio -

We do not support multi-threading with Radiator because Perl itself
does not support production quality multi-threading.

It is almost always the case in my experience that performance
problems tend to be with the back end database, not with Radiator,
and in those cases multi-threading will only make the problems worse
not better.

I generally recommend running two instances of Radiator - one for
authentication and the other for accounting. This generally improves
overall performance because the execution profiles are quite different.

There are other design options depending on your precise requirements.

We are available on a contract basis for design and implementation
consulting.

On 20 Dec 2006, at 05:04, Julio Cesar Pinto wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Review the archive of the mail list I saw that this topic was taken in
> the past, and the conclusion was that at the moment you aren't
> interested in apply multithread in radiator. I would like to know
> if the
> decision continues being the same.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Regards,