(RADIATOR) Planning to use Radiator to replace our TACACS+ server

Hisham Al-Shiha hshiha at medu.net.sa
Sun Aug 20 01:46:18 CDT 2006

Dear all,

	I looked in the archive to find a similar case to mine but without
any luck. So, I'm sending this email to consult your experience and benefit
from your valued guidance.

	We used to use TACACS+ server for authentication, authorization and
accounting with Cisco devices but now, we want to use Radiator. My problem
is not about how to configure Cisco devices to forward AAA requests to
Radiator but it's all about the attributes to be used.

	What I want to do is as follows:
	1. When an administrator logs on to a Cisco device, the
authentication should be forwarded to Radiator and privilege level in the
reply, if access accept.
	2. Send a start accounting request (with all meaning full attributes
to be considered like timestamp and the device IP).
	3. Send a stop accounting request (with history of the commands
applied to the device since the admin logged in).

PS: I'm using MySQL for Accounting and Authentication. So, if you can pin
point the data fields I should use.

	Your help and guidance is very appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
   Hesham Alshehah
   Systems Engineer
   MeduNet