(RADIATOR) Tacacs TCP Connection Limit

Garry Thomas gthomas at netstarnetworks.com
Sat Apr 29 05:24:01 CDT 2006

Hi,
	Is it possible to somehow limit the number of TCP connections a client/NAS can have to a Radiator server when running
TACACS? I have the situation whereby a (usually misconfigured) NAS creates thousands of connections to the Radiator server (to TCP
port 49), and basically makes the Radiator server unusable by any other NAS. I get the following in the radius log file....

Fri Apr 28 17:57:02 2006: ERR: Could not accept on Tacacs listen socket: Too many open files

And only a restart of radiator fixes the problem... I believe the server hits a limit set in /proc/sys/fs/file-nr (1890 on my
server), but I could be wrong on this. I don't believe the solution is up this limit, as the server will quickly hit any limit I
set.... I basically just need to set a per NAS TCP connect limit, or something like that.

Thanks
Garry

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au