(RADIATOR) Duplicate request detection?

Jan Tomasek jan at tomasek.cz
Thu Apr 27 02:10:44 CDT 2006

Hello Hugh,

> By default, DupInterval is set to 2 (seconds). If you want to disable
> duplicate detection you should set DupInterval to 0.

I know this.

> See section 5.5.4 in the Radiator 3.14 reference manual ("doc/ref.html").

But there is also written "A value of 0 means duplicates are always
accepted, which might not be very wise, except during testing."

Now I'm running with 0 but I wish to modify my testing software to
produce packets which will not triger duplicate detection at all.

I tried to set DupInterval to 20 for our AP and even in this condition I
was unable to triger dup. detection. To me it looks like Cisco is
continuously increasing Identifier Radius packets.

That is bit hard to implement if I wish to have testing script
stateless, but if necesary I will add some state file which will keep
Identifier values.

Can you confirm that this modification will stop trigering dup. detection?

--
Jan Tomasek aka Semik