(RADIATOR) Load balancing radiator part 2

Alex Sharaz A.Sharaz at hull.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 11:43:58 CDT 2006

Chaps,

A while back I sent a mail message to the list about load balancing
auth/accounting to multiple radiator servers via a serverironXL box.

The config at the time had the serveriron performing source address
translation so all the radiator server saw from a client point of view
was the ip address of the serveriron.

I've now configured the serveriron not to perform source address
translation and each radiator server now sees the ip address of the ras
client.

Well, it sort of works.

Our web caching service is configured to use radius pap auth and that
works just fine via the assigned virtual ip address for the load
balancing radius service.

Using a dot1x client (Meetinghouse and the Odyssey, one on a laptop and
one of a desktop) I can configure a switch to point to each of the real
servers in succession and eap-ttls /mschapv2 and eap-peap/eap-mschapv2
both work just fine

However, if I go via the vip assigned to the load balanced service for
either of the eap-XX methods, you get prompted for a userid and then
nothing. The clients time out and ask for the userid again a couple of
times and then give up.

In the radiator logfile, I've got single line entries ( Resuming session
for Radius:context......)
that I don't see if I go directly to the real servers.

It only affects the eap type connections. I'm running radiator 3.14 with
a patch set from 07/04/06

Is there anything else I should be configuring at the Radiator end?
Alex

Tue Apr 25 12:38:06 2006: DEBUG: Handling with Radius::AuthFILE: eapAuth
Tue Apr 25 12:38:06 2006: DEBUG: Handling with EAP: code 2, 9, 25
Tue Apr 25 12:38:06 2006: DEBUG: Response type 1
Tue Apr 25 12:38:06 2006: DEBUG: Resuming session for
Radius::Context=HASH(0x9d9147c)

Tue Apr 25 12:38:06 2006: DEBUG: EAP result: 3, EAP TTLS Challenge
Tue Apr 25 12:38:06 2006: DEBUG: AuthBy FILE result: CHALLENGE, EAP TTLS
Challenge
Tue Apr 25 12:38:06 2006: DEBUG: Access challenged for
anonymous at hull.ac.uk: EAP TTLS Challenge
Tue Apr 25 12:38:06 2006: DEBUG: Packet dump:
: