(RADIATOR) Server load balanced radius service - suggestions please

Claudio Lapidus clapidus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 14:50:14 CDT 2006

Hello Alex

On 4/11/06, Alex Sharaz <A.Sharaz at hull.ac.uk> wrote:
> Anyone else load balancing radius requests into multiple Radius servers?

Yes, we do load balancing with Cisco CSS-11500 switches to a dozen
Radiator boxes behind them. We have evaluated ServerIron boxes in the
past, however, the Cisco offering looked more appealing at the time.

I'm not sure to understand your problem regarding Client identity, the
ServerIron is a switch, not a proxy, so the packet should arrive to
the server unmodified, or at least that's what happens with the Cisco
box, it appears completely transparent from the server's standpoint.
Is this not the same with the Foundry?

hope this helps
cl.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au