(RADIATOR) 802.1x (PEAP w/ MSCHAPV2) to Active Directory with VLAN assignment

Virgil virgil at webcentral.com.au
Tue Sep 27 21:41:54 CDT 2005

On 14/9/05 9:37 PM, "Mike McCauley" <mikem at open.com.au> wrote:

Mike, and others,

>> Will AuthBy LSA work with userPrincipcalName ?
>
> AuthBy LSA uses the Windows LogonUserNetworkMSCHAP function, which will
> authenticate the user in the same way as a standard Windows user logon. You
> may need to rewrite the user name into DOMAIN\user format?

My problem is that the "user" part of "DOMAIN\user" has no correlation to
the "user" part of "user at domain.name", except in the LDAP tree.  The current
plan is to use a PreAuthHook to convert a supplied user at domain.name
User-Name into a NT4/LSA username via an LDAP lookup.

Can anyone give me some help with the PreAuthHook code?

<AuthBy LDAP2>
    Identifier              LDAP-PEAP
    EAPType                 PEAP
    EAPAnonymous            %0

    ServerChecksPassword
    UsernameAttr            userPrincipalName
    AuthAttrDef     extensionAttribute13,Tunnel-Private-Group-ID,reply

<Handler TunnelledByPEAP=1>
# PEAP inner request
    <AuthBy LSA>
        EAPType             MSCHAP-V2
        Domain              DOMAINNAME # "NT4" domain name for AD

        #LDAP lookup to select sAMAccountName
        #that matches userPrincipalName for supplied "User-Name"
        PreAuthHook         %D/upn2sam.pl

        #LDAP lookup to select extensionAttribute13
        #that matches userPrincipalName for supplied "User-Name"
        PostAuthHook        %D/ldapvlan.pl

    </AuthBy>
</Handler>

<Handler NAS-Port-Type=Ethernet, Service-Type=Framed-User>
#dot1x auth on switches
    AuthBy                  LDAP-PEAP

    AddToReplyIfNotExist    Tunnel-Type = VLAN,\
                            Tunnel-Medium-Type = Ether_802

    RejectHasReason
    AcctLogFileName         %L/detail
</Handler>