(RADIATOR) Nomadix Problem

Frédéric MALADRI fmaladri at devnet.fr
Wed Sep 21 10:13:46 CDT 2005

Hello,

We are using Radiator 3.9 on a Fedora Core 2 with a mysql database to store
login and password.

Concerning the NAS, we are using an AG5000 Nomadix server.

We met some troubles with some customer connections. Sometimes, some
customers are disconnected after a random session-time connection. It seems
that the Nomadix send an accounting request packet with an
Acc-Terminate-Cause = “User-Request”. We don’t understand this because we
don’t let the possibility to our customers to disconnect by themselves.

Also, we don’t know if the problem is concerning Radiator, Nomadix or our
configuration of Radiator??

As follow, we could see our configuration file of our Radiator server and
the log file of Radiator.

Configuration file

<SessionDatabase SQL>

        Identifier      SDCANMA

        DBSource        dbi:mysql:canma

        DBUsername    ***********

        DBAuth          **************

        AddQuery insert into RADONLINE (USERNAME, NASIDENTIFIER,
NASPORT,ACCTSESSIONID, TIME_STAMP, FRAMEDIPADDRESS, NASPORTTYPE,SERVICETYPE)
values ('%u', '%1', %2, %3,
%{Timestamp},'%{Framed-IP-Address}','%{NAS-Port-Type}','%{Service-Type}')

        DeleteQuery delete from RADONLINE where NASIDENTIFIER='%1' and
NASPORT=0%2

        ClearNasQuery delete from RADONLINE where NASIDENTIFIER='%0'

        CountQuery select NASIDENTIFIER, NASPORT, ACCTSESSIONID,
FRAMEDIPADDRESS from RADONLINE where USERNAME='%u'

        CountNasSessionsQuery select ACCTSESSIONID from RADONLINE where
NASIDENTIFIER='%0'

        ClearNasSessionQuery delete from RADONLINE where NASIDENTIFIER='%0'
and ACCTSESSIONID = '%1'

</SessionDatabase>

<Realm canma>

        SessionDatabase SDCANMA

        <AuthBy SQL>

                DBSource        dbi:mysql:canma

                DBUsername      *************

                DBAuth          **************

                #DefaultSimultaneousUse 1

                AuthSelect select PASSWORD, TIMELEFT, REPLYATTR from
SUBSCRIBERS where USERNAME=%0 and TIMELEFT > 0

                AuthColumnDef   0,User-Password,check

                AuthColumnDef   1,Session-Timeout,reply

                AuthColumnDef   2,GENERIC,reply

                AccountingTable ACCOUNTING

                AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name

                AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer

                AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type

                AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer

                AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer

                AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer

                AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id

                AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer

                AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause

                AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier

                AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer

                AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address

                AcctSQLStatement update SUBSCRIBERS set TIMELEFT=0 where
USERNAME='%n'

                SQLRecoveryFile %D/missedaccounting

        </AuthBy>

        <AuthLog SQL>

                DBSource        dbi:mysql:canma

                DBUsername      ***********

                DBAuth          ****************

                LogSuccess

                SuccessQuery insert into RADAUTHLOG (TIME_STAMP, USERNAME,
TYPE) values (%t, '%n', 1)

                LogFailure

                FailureQuery insert into RADAUTHLOG (TIME_STAMP, USERNAME,
TYPE, REASON) values (%t, '%n', 0, %1)

        </AuthLog>

        <Log FILE>

                Filename        /var/log/radiator/canma/%d-%m-%Y.log

                Trace           5

        </Log FILE>

</Realm>

Log file

*** Received from 192.168.1.2 port 1025 ....

Code:       Accounting-Request

Identifier: 180

Authentic:  <253><20><19>8<133><226><164><246><166>@}a]<147><199>|

Attributes:

        User-Name = "fbodin"

        NAS-IP-Address = 192.168.1.2

        NAS-Port = 605

        Acct-Status-Type = Stop

        Acct-Session-Id = "18000121"

        Acct-Output-Octets = 1109687

        Acct-Input-Octets = 4338298

        Acct-Output-Packets = 6678

        Acct-Input-Packets = 5507

        Session-Timeout = 259200

        Event-Timestamp = 1127316239

        Called-Station-Id = "00-50-E8-01-5C-0D"

        Calling-Station-Id = "00-0F-1F-D1-8B-51"

        Acct-Session-Time = 13388

        Acct-Terminate-Cause = User-Request

        NAS-Identifier = "192.168.1.2"

        NAS-Port-Type = Async

        Framed-IP-Address = 10.0.0.109

        Nomadix-Subnet = "0.0.0.0"

        WISPr-Location-ID = "isocc=,cc=,ac=,network="

        Acct-Delay-Time = 0

--

Frédéric MALADRI

DEVNET ( http://www.devnet.fr <http://www.devnet.fr/>  )