(RADIATOR) Radiator + Postgresql

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Sep 20 16:26:47 CDT 2005

Hello Jonathon -

It is your NAS equipment that is configured to retry radius requests
- normally with a timeout and a number of retries.

Radiator simply responds to the requests that are sent to it for
processing.

You should check the configuration of your NAS equipment.

It is also very useful to set up a test environment in which you can
investigate various failure modes.

On 21 Sep 2005, at 09:14, Jonathan Carpenter wrote:

> I have a postgresql database server that I use to store all my user
> names and passwords, I have been having some odd issues. The power
> to the server room where my postgresql database and radius server
> was stored went out and it took around 45 mins to get power
> restored. After I brought the database backup and restarted radiusd
> on my radius server I seen alot of duplicated login attempts, After
> speaking with some users that were trying to login I also found out
> that the login attempts were old ones. The users that was hitting
> my radius server to authenticate were attempts from earlier. Is
> there some type of que in radiator that would cause this to happen?
> Or does it sound like perhaps the packets that send the username
> and password requests were still one the network trying to be
> authenticated? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>                Thanks,
>
> --
> Jonathan Carpenter

NB: