(RADIATOR) Duplicate detection doesn't use source port

Surajh Surjoo [ MTN - Innovation Centre ] Surajh.Surjoo at mtn.co.za
Tue Sep 6 01:38:39 CDT 2005

We use the Ericsson GGSN J20 towards RADIATOR and find that at times of
high load we also experience duplicate packets due to the same
identifier being received in the same second.

The Dupinterval was set to zero and this sorted out our problem,
temporarily.

We would also have the requirement to accept packets based on source
address, and source ports and identifiers, in this way greatly improving
the capacity of RADIATOR.

We now have a problem when proxying accounting requests to the WAP
gateway. The high load causes the WAP gateway to receive "duplicate"
packets and the WAP gateway then tends to swap THE msisdn received. This
makes it impossible to download your MMS messages as the auth then
fails.

Anyone, experiencing similar problems?

Regards