(RADIATOR) AuthBy EXTERNAL and MPPE

Vlad Shalnev vlad at asv.ru
Tue Sep 6 01:27:32 CDT 2005

Hi all

I use AuthBy EXTERNAL for dialup users with MS-CHAP and MS-CHAP_V2
authentication. MPPE keys generated in extern program and added to reply.
Authentication done successfully but I can't see any host ( ping to any host
failed ). When I use AuthBy FILE with plain password and AutoMPPEKeys -
everything is ok. When I use AuthBy FILE with plain password and AddToReply
MS-CHAP-MPPE-Keys = mymppekey for MS-CHAP or MS-MPPE-Send-Key = mysendkey,
MS-MPPE-Recv-Key = myrecvkey for MS-CHAP_V2 - authentication succefull, but ping
failed. What is the problem and how can I solve it ?

Sorry if my question is off topic of this list.

Thanks for any help

NAS = Cisco AS5350
IOS = C5350-JK9S-M 12.3(16)

OS = Solaris 8 x86