(RADIATOR) <AuthBy LDAP2> and Group membership checks?

Jan Tomasek jan at tomasek.cz
Fri Sep 2 03:12:08 CDT 2005

Hi Hugh

> You can use two AuthBy LDAP2 clauses with an AuthByPolicy:
> [...]

That is my way! I used this configuration:

<AuthBy LDAP2>
	Identifier	CheckLDAP_Password

	Host		localhost
	Version		3
	AuthDN		uid=XX,ou=Special Users,dc=cesnet,dc=cz
	AuthPassword	XX
	BaseDN		dc=cesnet,dc=cz

	UsernameAttr	uid
	PasswordAttr    tacuserpassword
</AuthBy>

<AuthBy LDAP2>
	Identifier	CheckLDAP_Group

	Host		localhost
	Version		3
	AuthDN		uid=XX,ou=Special Users,dc=cesnet,dc=cz
	AuthPassword	XX
	BaseDN		cn=Employees,ou=Groups,dc=cesnet,dc=cz

	UsernameAttr	uid
	PasswordAttr
	SearchFilter
(|(uniqueMember=%0=%1,ou=People,dc=cesnet,dc=cz)(uniqueMember=%0=%1,ou=Special
users,dc=cesnet,dc=cz))
</AuthBy>

<Handler>
	AuthByPolicy	ContinueWhileAccept
	AuthBy		CheckLDAP_Password
	AuthBy		CheckLDAP_Group

	AuthLog 	authlogger
	AcctLogFileName	/var/log/radiator-vpn/accounting
</Handler>

I didn't figured how to replace %0=%1,ou=People,dc=cesnet,dc=cz and
%0=%1,ou=Special users,dc=cesnet,dc=cz with DN of the user found in previous
step. But that doesn't bother me much.

Thanks for help!
Jan Tomasek aka Semik           work: CESNET, z.s.p.o.
http://www.tomasek.cz/                Zikova 4, 160 00 Praha 6
                                      Czech Republic
phone(work): +420 2 2435 5279         http://www.cesnet.cz/