(RADIATOR) Got sometimes timeout when starting Radiator as WinNT service.

eddy_mut eddy at ncv.ru
Fri Sep 2 01:30:27 CDT 2005

Hi,

Windows gets to me Error 1053 when i trying to start this service/

This is my config file:

#
# Configuration file for Radiator radius server
# This config file is used for testing the server (see test.pl)
# but it also demonstrates and documents most of the available
# objects and keywords that are supported.
#
# DONT PANIC: Your own radius.cfg will be _much_ simpler than this.
#
# Hint: If you are building a new config file for your
# installation, you
# should probably consult some of the simple config files in the
# goodies directory (such as goodies/simple.cfg)
# and only use this file as a guide to all the extra
# things you can add later. Start simple and add features as you go.
#
# Author: Mike McCauley (mikem at open.com.au)
# Copyright (C) 1997 Open System Consultants
# $Id: radius.cfg,v 1.79 2002/12/17 05:07:05 mikem Exp $
#
# Filenames configured here can use special formatting characters,
# some common examples below. There are many more.
# The full set is listed in the
# reference manual.
# %%        The percent character
# %D        DbDir
# %L        LogDir
# %y        Last 2 digits of the current year (2 digits)
# %Y        Current year (4 digits)
# %m        Current month number (2 digits)
# %d        Current day of the month (2 digits)
# %c        IP address of the client who sent the current packet (if any)
# %C        Client name of the client who sent the current packet (if any)
# %R        The realm of the username named in the current packet (if any)
# %N        The Nas-IP-Address in the current packet (if any)
# %n        The full User-Name in the current packet (if any)
# %P        The decrypted password
# %U        The username being authenticated (with the realm stripped off)
# %h        The hostname this server is running on
# %t        The current time in seconds since Jan 1 1970
# %T        The request type of the current packet (if any)
# %a        The Framed-IP-Address of the current packet
# %H        The current hour (0-23)
# %M        The current minute (0-59)
# %S        The current second (0-59)
# %{attr}   The value of the named attribute in the current request packet
# %{GlobalVar:name} The value of the global varible "name", which
#      can be set on the command line with name=value, or
#     in this file with:
#   DefineFormattedGlobalVar name value
# %{Reply:attr} The value of the named attribute in the current reply packet
#  You can use this to get the value of reply attributes

# Foreground makes this run in the foreground instead of as a daemon
# When running as a daemon, detaches from STDIN and STDOUT, becomes
# a process group leader and detaches from the controlling TTY.
# You must use Foreground if you want to run from inetd, init or
# restartWrapper, or as a service on NT
Foreground

# LogStdout makes all log file output appear on stdout as well
# You must be running in Foreground mode for this to work
LogStdout

# Trace makes the server log increasing levels of detail aboutn
# its internal operations.
# At level 0 (the default), only serious errors are logged.
# At level 1, warnings are also logged
# At level 2, normal but significant event are also logged,
# At level 3, informational messages are also logged,
# At level 4, debugging messages are also logged.
# At level 5, hex packet dumps of all incoming packets are also printed.
# At level 4 and 5, packet dumps go to stdout. You probably dont
# want that in a live system. Choose the lowest Trace level you
# really need
Trace 4

# AuthPort specifies the port to list on for authentication requests
# Can be a numeric port number or a service name from /etc/services
# Defaults to 1645. You can specify multiple comma-separated ports
AuthPort 1812

# AcctPort specifies the port to list on for accounting requests
# Can be a numeric port number or a service name from /etc/services
# Defaults to 1646. You can specify multiple comma-separated ports
AcctPort 1813

# If you are multi-homed, and only want to listen on a single address
# you can restrict it by setting BindAddress. Set it to the address
# you want to listen on. Defaults to 0.0.0.0 (ie anything received by
# any address on this host
# BindAddress 203.63.154.1
# You can specifiy multiple BindAddress addresses, comma separated:
#BindAddress 200.10.1.4, 200.11.2.3

# LogDir is the directory where logfiles are put
# Defaults to /var/log/radius
LogDir  D:\temp\Radiator\log

# DbDir is the directory where database and config are put
# Defaults to /usr/local/etc/raddb
DbDir  D:\temp\Radiator\conf

# LogFile is the name of the log file.
# This file is always opened written and closed for each message,
# so you can safely rotate it at any time.
# Can use special formatting characters
# Defaults to "%L/logfile"
LogFile  %L\radiusd.log
# You can disable all logging to the log file by
# setting LogFile to nothing like this:
#LogFile

# You can define your own variables that can be accessed anywhere
# special formatting charcters are permitted. In the following
# example, %{GlobalVar:myvariable} will be replaced with "value"
# You can get the same effect with myvariable=value on the
# command line for radiusd
#DefineFormattedGlobalVar myvariable value

# DictionaryFile is the name of the Radius dictionary file(s)
# Can use special formatting characters
# defaults to "%D/dictionary", which is good for
# most everything except Ascends using the old Ascend non-vendor-specific
attributes. If you
# need the old ascend attributes, name both dictionaries in the
DictionaryFile
# Caution: changing the dictionary can stop the test suite test.pl
# from working
DictionaryFile %D\dictionary,%D\dictionary.ascend

# The name of the file where the radiusd PID will be
# written after startup. Can contain special filename chars.
# Defaults to %L/radiusd.pid
PidFile  %D\radiusd.pid

# You can adjust the length of the Radius socket queues with
# SocketQueueLength. You should only need to do this if you are handling
# large numbers of requests. You may also have to adjust your operating
# system configuration to permit large queue lengths. Not supported
# on Win95 or NT
#SocketQueueLength 1000000

# There are a number of other optional configuration items
# for optional NAS communications. See the reference manual.
# you only need these if you specify Simultaneous-Use and
# a specific NasType in a <Client> statement
# FingerProg defaults to an internal client. If you specify
# a program name for FingerProg, it wil luse that program instead
# of the internal client.
#FingerProg  /bin/finger
#SnmpgetProg  /usr/bin/snmpget
#PmwhoProg /usr/local/sbin/pmwho

#LivingstonMIB .iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.307
#LivingstonOffs 29
#LivingstonHole 2
#SnmpgetProg  /usr/local/bin/snmpget

# You can rewrite every username that is received with RewriteUsername
# (you can also rewrite on a per-client or per-realm basis in those clauses
# This is often good for translating MS domain names into @realm format
# RewriteUsername is
# a PERL substitution pattern. It is probably most useful for
# stripping the realm from a User-Name before authenticating it
# this can be done with RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
# You could also do much more sophisticated
# things like change the realm depending on the user name etc,
# append things to the realm before forwarding etc.
# You can have any number of RewriteUsername lines. The rewrite
# are applied in the same order that they appear in this file.
#RewriteUsername s/^mikem$/xyzzy/
#RewriteUsername tr/[a-z]/[A-Z]/
# The next one converts realm\user format like for MSN
# to user at realm, the way Radiator likes them
#RewriteUsername s/^(.*)\\(.*)/$2\@$1/

# PreClientHook is a perl function that will be called for each request
# before it is passed to a Client clause. A reference to the
# the current packet is passed as the only argument
#PreClientHook sub { print "Here I am in PreClientHook\n"; }

#PreClientHook file:"/main/script/av_preprocess.pl"

# MainLoopHook is called once per second during the main dispatch loop
#MainLoopHook sub { print "Here I am in MainLoopHook\n"; }

# StartupHook is a perl function that is called during initial
# startup and during restarts from SIGHUP. It is passed a single
# arguemnt that is true during a restart and undef during initial
# start
#StartupHook sub {print "here I am in StartupHook $_[0]\n";}

# ShutdownHook is a perl function that is called before exiting after
# a SIGTERM.
#ShutdownHook sub {print "here I am in ShutdownHook\n";}

# You can also define hooks for USR1Hook, USR2Hook and WINCHHook
# which run (on UNix systems) when those signals are received.

# You can also force all user names to
# consist of a particular character set. This can be
# also useful to reject bogus access requests due to modem
# line noise. The value is a perl character set
# specification. This example permits only alphanumeric,
# period, dash and the at sign.
# Note: you can apply UsernameCharset to a single realm or Handler
# with the Handler UsernameCharset parameter
#UsernameCharset a-zA-Z0-9\.-_@

# On Unix you can control the actual user that the server runs as
# provided it starts as a suitable priveleged user. You can specifiy
# unix user name or UID here
#User radius
# or group name/GID
#Group radius

# <Client hostname> is used to define each radius client to which
# we will respond. Requests received from clients that arent named by
# Client clauses in this file here will be ignored
# The DEFAULT client (if defined) will handle requsts from Clients that
# are not defined elsewhere
<Client DEFAULT>
 # Secret is the shared secret between client and this server
 # Any number of characters, any character except newline
 # You must set a secret in every Client clause.
 Secret ******

 # If IgnoreAcctSignature is defined, incoming
 # Accounting-Requests
 # from this client
 # will not have their signature checked.
 # This is useful for some
 # Radius clients and forwarding servers
 # that dont correctly compute the signature
 # in accounting requests.
 # The Accounting-Response packets will always have a correctly
 # computed signature, regardless of IgnoreAcctSignature
 # IgnoreAcctSignature

 # If more that 1 Radius request from this Client with
 # the same Identifer are received within
 # DupInterval seconds, the
 # 2nd and subsequent are ignored.
 # A value of 0 means duplicates are
 # always accepted, which might not be very wise,
 # except during testing.
 # Default is 2 seconds
 # DupInterval 2
 DupInterval 0

 # You can use this to fine-tune which types of duplicate
 # requests
 # you will handle (regardless of the setting of DupInterval)
 # The value is a space separated list of request types,
 # such as "Access-Request Accounting-Request" etc. Case
 # sensitive. This can sometimes help if you are losing packets
# NoIgnoreDuplicates Access-Request

 # Use this to set a default realm for requests that dont
 # already have one. This can trigger a specific Realm
 # statement for users who log in to this NAS without a
 # realm
# DefaultRealm open.com.au

 # Optional NasType specifies the type of NAS. May
 # be used to determine how to communicate directly to the NAS
 # As part of simultaneous login checking. Dont define this
 # if you are not prepared for Radiator to spend some time
 # talking to your NAS occasionally.
 # Allowable values are
 #  Livingston             uses snmpget
 #  Portslave              uses finger
 #  PortslaveLinux         uses finger
 #  PortslaveMoxa   uses finger, requires ctlportslave
 #                         in the target Linux host
 #  Cisco                  uses snmpget
 #  Ascend                 uses finger
 #  Shiva                  uses finger
 #  TotalControl           uses pmwho
 #  Computone              uses finger
        #  Bay                    uses snmpget
 #  Xyplex    uses finger
 #  AscendSNMP    uses snmpget
 #  TotalControlSNMP       uses snmpget
 #  Bay5399SNMP          uses snmpget
 #  Bay8000SNMP          uses snmpget
 #  Bay4000SNMP          uses snmpget
 #  BayFinger    use finger
 #  Hiper             uses snmpget
 #  Tigris          uses snmpget
 #  TigrisNew          uses snmpget
 #  TigrisOld          uses snmpget
 #  NortelCVX1800          uses snmpget
 #  Portmaster3          uses snmpget
 #  Portmaster4          uses pmwho
 #  Ping     uses ICMP ping to check the
 #     Framed-IP-Address of the dialup user
 #     requires Radiator to be run as root
 #
 #
 # ignore                  Does not contact NAS, Always assumes
 #                         that there are no multiple logins
 #  other                  not implemented yet
 #  <undefined>            the default, does not contact NAS
 # NasType Livingston
 #NasType Ping

 # These base addresses are used to generate Framed-IP-Address
 # from Framed-Group reply items and NAS-Port
 # Framed-Group in a user record selects the nth
 # FramedGroupBaseAddress (0 based), and NAS-Port is added to the last
 # byte (modulo 255) to generate a Framed-IP-Address.
 # Therefore if a user logs in on this Client to port 5, and their
 # Framed-Group is 1, they will get a Framed-IP-Address of
 # 10.0.1.6.
 # You can use FramedGroupMaxPortsPerClassC to control the
 # number of ports alocated to each class C address
 # These parameters are ignored unless the user has a Framed-Group
 # reply item.
 FramedGroupBaseAddress 10.0.0.1
 FramedGroupBaseAddress 10.0.1.1
 FramedGroupBaseAddress 10.0.2.1
 FramedGroupMaxPortsPerClassC 20

 # You can rewrite all usernames that come from this client
# RewriteUsername s/yourdomain.com$/yourotherdomain.com/

 # You can specify a bunch of other clients that have
 # an identical setup
# IdenticalClients 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.2 10.1.1.3 nas.mydomain.com
# IdenticalClients 10.1.1.7,10.1.1.8,10.1.1.9,203.63.154.1 localhost

 # PreHandlerHook is a perl function that will be called
 # for each request after per-client username rewriting and
 # and duplicate rejection and
 # before it is passed to any Realm or Handler clause.
 # A reference to the
 # the current packet is passed as the only argument
# PreHandlerHook sub { print "Here I am in PreHandlerHook\n" }

 # If you set this, a Status-Server message from this client
 # include details of all Clients, as well as basic
 # server information.
# StatusServerShowClientDetails
</Client>

#<Monitor>
# Username Mikem
# Password Fred
#</Monitor>

<Handler Realm = ncv.ru>
 <AuthBy FILE>
  Filename %D\ncv_users
  AutoMPPEKeys
 </AuthBy>
</Handler>

# If you have an SNMPAgent clause, it establishes an Agent that
# will service SNMP requests for the standard Radius Server MIB as
# described in draft-ietf-radius-servmib-04.txt
# Requires SNMP_Session-0.92.tar.gz or later from
# ftp://ftp.switch.ch/software/sources/network/snmp/perl/
# Radiator must run as root to listen on the default SNMP port 161
# You can then use something like
# snmpget localhost public .iso.org.dod.internet.3.79.1.1.1.1
#  or
# snmpwalk localhost public .iso.org.dod.internet.3.79.1.1.1
#
#<SNMPAgent>
 # Specifies the UDP port to listen on. Defaults to 161
 # You will need to run as root to open this port
 # on Unix
 # Port 161

 # Specifies a specific host address to listen on. Useful
 # if you are multi-homed. Defaults to the value of the global
 # BindAddress
 #BindAddress 203.63.154.1

 # Specifies the community name that we will honour
 # for different types of access.
 # Defaults to nothing, meaning no access. Community
 # is deprecated in favour of ROCommunity and RWCommunity
 # For more specific control, see
 # ROCommunity, RWCommunity and Managers in the reference manual
 #ROCommunity mycommunity
 #ROCommunity public
 #RWCommunity public
#</SNMPAgent>

# You can set up additional logging with these. The logging wil be in
# addition to any logging defined by LogFile and Trace above.

# Log to a file
#<Log FILE>
 # You can use special formatting characters
# Filename %L/mylog
 # Trace level to use (allows same values as the global Trace level)
# Trace 4
#</Log>

# Log to syslog (Unix only)
#<Log SYSLOG>