(RADIATOR) tagged-string making dictionary not backwards compatible?

Dave Kitabjian dave at netcarrier.com
Fri Oct 21 11:41:30 CDT 2005

Hi folks,

I just got an error:

Can't use string ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Radius/Radius.pm line 699.

after I added these two attributes into my dictionary:

ATTRIBUTE       Tunnel-Client-Auth-ID           90      tagged-string
ATTRIBUTE       Tunnel-Server-Auth-ID           91      tagged-string

under Radiator 2.19.

After some experimenting, I got it to stop complaining when I replaced
"tagged-string" with "string". Perhaps the former is a "new" dictionary
data type? I see a note about:

#       IETF Tunneling Attributes
#       Values for string attributes other than Tunnel-Password
#       must _always_ have a 0 octet at the beginning, eg:
#       Tunnel-Server-Endpoint "\000203.63.154.22 fr:20"

Is that what the "tagged" part is about? Will the "typecast" as string
that I have done be problematic?

Thanks,

Dave
:-)