(RADIATOR) - <AuthBy GROUP> and <AcctCoulmnDef> relationship

Albert Lai albertlai at antlabs.com
Tue Oct 11 05:11:03 CDT 2005

hi,

I am planning to use <AuthBy GROUP> feature to create multiple <AuthBy xxx>
methods for the Radiator to fall-through the various authentication method.
Below is my sample config overall structure:

<Realm DEFAULT>
    MaxSessions 1
    RejectHasReason

    <AuthBy GROUP>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilAccept

        <AuthBy SQL>
            AuthColumnDef   xxxxxxxxxx
            AuthColumnDef   xxxxxxxxxx
           AccountingTable xxxx
            AcctColumnDef   xxxxx
            AcctColumnDef   xxxxx

	</AuthBy SQL>

      <AuthBy SQL>
            AuthColumnDef   xxxxxxxxxx
            AuthColumnDef   xxxxxxxxxx

	</AuthBy SQL>

       <AuthBy SQL>
            AuthColumnDef   xxxxxxxxxx
            AuthColumnDef   xxxxxxxxxx

	</AuthBy SQL>

</AuthBy>
</Realm>

Questions:

1. I have only include AcctColumnDef statements in the first <AuthBy SQL>
defination. If the user is authenticated by the other <AuthBy SQL>
definations other than the first one, will the accounting logs be saved to
the database as well? Or do I need to input the AcctColumnDef and
AccountingTable statements in all <AuthBy SQL> defined?

2. When the radiator received a accounting start and stop request, will it
goes through the <AuthBy SQL> definations sequentially or it is able to keep
track of which <AuthBy SQL> defination the user was previously autheticated
successfully with?

Thanks.

Albert Lai

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au