(RADIATOR) Feature request: Handling attributes by value

Claudio Lapidus clapidus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 19:52:49 CST 2005

Hello all

We can control which attributes we allow/deny in a response or a proxy
operation by using the Allow/Strip/Add ToReply/ToRequest commands.

However, there are many cases where it would be useful to be able to
filter certain attributes not only by its name but also by its value
(or a part of the value, for text types and the like). This is
specially useful when a packet is going to contain multiple instances
of the same attribute, each one with a different value.

Probably a regular expression would be a good way to specify this.
Something like

AllowInReply     Class = /^myclass=.*$/

would let us to allow only a Class attribute whose value *starts* with
the string "myclass", while stripping out other instances of the same
attribute.

Of course this can be achieved with hook code, but the case is so
common that it seemed to me it deserves its own configuration syntax.
As a long-standing example, any Radiator user who deals with
Cisco-avpairs knows exactly what I'm talking about.

What do you people think?

best regards,
cl.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au