(RADIATOR) Upstream Provider seeing more on Attribute than needed

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Nov 23 16:03:15 CST 2005

Hello Dan -

What your upstream provider is seeing is defined by the dictionary
for _his_ radius server, what you are sending on the wire is encoded
and does not contain "GVSA-Ascend-Data-Filter" at all. You can verify
exactly what you are sending by running at trace 5 debug (or you can
look at the radius packet dumps with your favourite packet sniffer -
ethereal, tcpdump, snoop).

You should be aware that there are two sets of Ascend radius
attributes and you will need to use the correct set for your
application.

By default the Ascend vendor specific attributes are sent rather than
the "old-style" Ascend attributes, so if you want to send the "old-
style" attributes you should add this to your configuration file (you
will need copies of both dictionary files in %D):

#define dictionaries to use the "old-style" Ascend attributes

DictionaryFile %D/dictionary, %D/dictionary.ascend

See section 6.4.10 in the Radiator reference manual ("doc/ref.html").

BTW - the most recent version is Radiator 3.13.

hope that helps

On 24 Nov 2005, at 02:42, Dan Verbarg wrote:

> Hello,
> We are currently running version 3.6 for a long time now without
> any problems. The other day we tried to do some "fencing" of some
> users to prevent where they could go with some "Ascend-Data-Filter" .
>
> We have a issue of the upstream provider saying we are passing this
> instead "GVSA-Ascend-Data-Filter"
> How can I strip the GVSA?
>
> Dan

NB: