(RADIATOR) SQL-Recovery file ... only numerical values

L. Jason Godsey lannygodsey at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 12:32:03 CST 2005

I'd like to see SQLRecoveryFile properly documented.

SQLRecoveryFile is for the most part not useable for PostgreSQL and
MySQL.

Here is my original post on the subject:
http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/2004-03/msg00162.html

I haven't received a work around yet.

L. Jason Godsey

--- Martin Wallner <Martin.Wallner at eunet.co.at> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm a bit stuck here....
>
> We are using PostGresql (8) to store (among other things) our
> accounting info.
>
> Last week we had to take down the SQL-Server for a short maintainance
> cycle, after finishing this, I wanted to restore the accounting data
> that was stored in the SQL-Restore-File, which was created like it
> was set up to.
>
> Boy, was I surprised when I found out that only the 'integer' and
> 'bigint' variables were actually filled out in the statements, but
> not the strings ... and, besides that, that the syntax for the
> 'insert' statements was not completely correct (missing semicolon at
> the end)?.... Any ideas what happened here? Maybe 'declare' in the
> AcctColumnDef that it's a string? But why does it work then when the
> db-connection is on?
>
> It was good that this was happening in a controlled maintainance
> cycle, so the data loss was negligable.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> ------------------------- config AuthSQL -----------------
> <AuthBy SQL>
>    Identifier SQLAccounting
>    AuthSelect
>
> # primary database on SQL2, ONLY DB to put Accounting on,
> # missed entries due to error will be handled by SQLRecoveryFile
>    DBSource dbi:Pg:dbname=radius;host=172.27.0.92
>    DBUsername radius
>    DBAuth xxxxxx
>    AccountingTable accounting
>    AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
>    AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct-Terminate-Cause
>    AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
>    AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address
>    AcctColumnDef   CALLEDSTATIONID,Called-Station-Id
>    AcctColumnDef   CALLINGSTATIONID,Calling-Station-Id
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTPACKETS,Acct-Input-Packets,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTPACKETS,Acct-Output-Packets,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTMULTISESSID,Acct-Multi-Session-Id
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTLINKCOUNT,Acct-Link-Count,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   PORT_NR,NAS-Port,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   ACCTAUTHENTIC,Acct-Authentic,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   NASIPADDR,NAS-IP-Address
>    AcctColumnDef   LOGIN_HOST,Login-IP-Host
>    AcctColumnDef   LOGIN_SERVICE,Login-Service,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   USER_SERVICE_TYPE,Service-Type,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   FRAMED_PROTOCOL,Framed-Protocol,integer
>    AcctColumnDef   NASPORTTYPE,NAS-Port-Type
>    Description Generic Accounting
>    SQLRecoveryFile %L/sqlrecovery-%y-%m-%d.sql
> #        AcctLogFileName /var/log/radiator/radacct/radius.acct
> [...]
(ACCTAUTHENTIC,ACCTDELAYTIME,ACCTINPUTOCTETS,ACCTINPUTPACKETS,ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,ACCTOUTPUTPACKETS,ACCTSESSIONI

D,ACCTSESSIONTIME,ACCTSTATUSTYPE,FRAMEDIPADDRESS,FRAMED_PROTOCOL,NASIPADDR,NASPORT,NASPORTTYPE,PORT_NR,TIME_STAMP,USERNAME,USER_SERV
> ICE_TYPE) values
> (1,5,193088,8681,117254,7329,,37485,,,1,,1345,,1345,1128708835,,2)
> insert into accounting

(ACCTAUTHENTIC,ACCTDELAYTIME,ACCTINPUTOCTETS,ACCTINPUTPACKETS,ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,ACCTOUTPUTPACKETS,ACCTSESSIONI

D,ACCTSESSIONTIME,ACCTSTATUSTYPE,FRAMEDIPADDRESS,FRAMED_PROTOCOL,NASIPADDR,NASPORT,NASPORTTYPE,PORT_NR,TIME_STAMP,USERNAME,USER_SERV
> ICE_TYPE) values
> (1,0,2161317,19212,11639864,19004,,3870,,,1,,334,,334,1128708840,,2)
> insert into accounting

(ACCTAUTHENTIC,ACCTDELAYTIME,ACCTINPUTOCTETS,ACCTINPUTPACKETS,ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,ACCTOUTPUTPACKETS,ACCTSESSIONI

D,ACCTSESSIONTIME,ACCTSTATUSTYPE,FRAMEDIPADDRESS,FRAMED_PROTOCOL,NASIPADDR,NASPORT,NASPORTTYPE,PORT_NR,TIME_STAMP,USERNAME,USER_SERV
> ICE_TYPE) values

(1,5,12843276,186390,129036554,208643,,352488,,,1,,490,,490,1128708835,,2)

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au