(RADIATOR) Portmaster3 and Port Filtering

Jason Haltom jasonh at ideateksystems.com
Sat Nov 5 02:07:30 CST 2005

Hi all,

We recently had some IPs get black flagged and I am looking into way of
preventing these black flaggings by adding port filtering.  We are using
Portmaster3s and I have not been able to get the Ascend-Data-Filter to
work.  I looked at the radius dictionary from portmasters.com and it
shows a Filter-Id attribute (ATTRIBUTE Filter-Id 11 string).  If I were
to replace this command in place of Ascend-Data-Filter in the radiator
script will every thing work ok with our PM3 units? Or does anyone else
have any suggestions/ideas on how to filter where our customers can send
emails and pings?  We do not have a fancy gateway setup, just a simple
Cisco 2524 that feeds a T1 connection to 2 PM3 boxes (4 PRIs).

We are successfully using the Ascend-Data-Filter command for some of our
customers who are connecting to TNT units, we just need to find
something to work with these Portmaster3s.

Thanks for the help,

Jason

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.