(RADIATOR) Defining different hosts for authentication and ac counting in the same handler

Frank Danielson fdanielson at csky.com
Wed May 25 12:51:06 CDT 2005

I think Hugh has already given you some suggestions but here's a couple
more-

Use Handlers that are based on the Realm and Request-Type

<Handler Realm="abc.com", Request-Type=Access-Request>
# This handler services access requests for Realm abc.com
	<AuthBy RADIUS>
		authorization server
	</AuthBy>
</Handler>

<Handler Realm="abc.com">
# This handler servies all other requests for Realm abc.com
	<AuthBy RADIUS>
		accounting server
	</AuthBy>
</Handler>

The other option would be to use AuthBy SQLRADIUS and query based on the
Request-Type to determine the server you want to forward the request to.
AuthBy SQLRADIUS is in section 6.45 of my manual. A query something like
this should work.

HostSelect select HOST, SECRET, AUTHPORT, ACCTPORT,\
RETRIES, RETRYTIMEOUT, USEOLDASCENDPASSWORDS, \
SERVERHASBROKENPORTNUMBERS,SERVERHASBROKENADDRESSES, \
IGNOREREPLYSIGNATURE, FAILUREPOLICY from RADSQLRADIUS \
where REALM='%R' and REQUESTTYPE='%T';

Of course you would need a table with the proper structure and populate it
with entries for the RADIUS server that service accounting and authorization
for each realm. The nice part about this is that you could handle all of
your realms in one handler.

Frank Danielson
Infrastructure Architect

ClearSky Mobile Media