(RADIATOR) Telecom.co.nz

Campbell Simpson Campbell.Simpson2 at telecom.co.nz
Tue May 24 18:00:33 CDT 2005

Hello

A question for you regarding using the SNMP agent with Radiator. I have installed the SNMP_Session and have the configuration entry in radius.cfg. Now the problem I have is I'm running radiator as user 'radius' rather than as root. This means I can't bind to port 161 unless I run radiator as root. Is there any way around this that you know?

I'm running Solaris 8.

Cheers

Campbell Simpson
Solutions Development
Alcatel New Zealand Ltd
+64 04 460 5787 +64 027 4467723
Campbell.Simpson at alcatel.co.nz

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.

"This communication, including any attachments, is confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read
it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not
copy or use any part of this communication or disclose
anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this
communication does not designate an information system for
 the purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002."

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au