(RADIATOR) radiator and windows 2000 RRAS

DELORT Stephane Stephane.DELORT at murex.com
Fri May 20 06:08:25 CDT 2005

Re,

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Hugh Irvine [mailto:hugh at open.com.au]
Envoyé : vendredi 20 mai 2005 10:16
À : DELORT Stephane
Cc : radiator at open.com.au
Objet : Re: (RADIATOR) radiator and windows 2000 RRAS

> Salut Stephane -

> Ooops - my apologies - I didn't notice this typo.
You're welcome, is there a command line test program just like in samba, "testparm" to check the syntax ?

> As for wired connections, there is no difference compared to wireless
> connections, so you should not have any difficulty.

I thought so, but I can't get it to work.
On the same network I have :
- Active Directory (windows advanced)   [192.168.0.2]
- Radiator and RRAS (on the same computer) [192.168.0.3]
- A windows XP with SP2 [192.168.0.8]

I tried 2 strategies (if I can call it that):

1) Create a VPN between the supplicant (XP) and Radiator.

I use the default windows VPN client and it worked fine with MSCHAP V2.
Reading articles throughout the web, it appears that PEAP will only be available for VPN with Longhorn (in 2050 ?).

2) Use windows XP network connection authentication feature.
Since windows XP1, when you right click on a network connection, you an "Authentication" tab. There I choosed PEAP and MSchap V2. I did not see any text box to lead the requests toward a specific RRAS/NAS/Radius.
Indeed, it would have been too much beautiful if it had worked so easily.
Once I activate the network connection everything works as if I did nothing and there is no authentication carried out.
Did someone make it work ?

Beside, I know that this kind of question is more related to Windows then to Radiator. Thus, I am sure it would help anyone trying to test a radius server on a wire network before coming to the radio.
I tried funk odyssey and Aegis client but both are only able to work with wireless network.

Thanks in advance to any help clearing this problem,

regards,
Stéphane

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au