(RADIATOR) [radiator] RewriteUserName and authentication failure

DELORT Stephane Stephane.DELORT at murex.com
Wed May 18 11:24:04 CDT 2005

Hello,

I experienced a strange problem using the RewriteUserName in my config file :

Here is what works :

#C:\Perl\bin>perl radpwtst -s MYRADIUS -secret s3cr3t -mschapv2 -user hcover -password hcover

<Realm DEFAULT>
	# Look up user details in a flat file
	<AuthBy LSA>
		DefaultDomain krb.com
		EAPType MSCHAP-V2
	</AuthBy>
	# Log accounting to a detail file. %D is replaced by DbDir above
	AcctLogFileName	%D/detail
</Realm>

And what does not work :

#C:\Perl\bin>perl radpwtst -s MYRADIUS -secret s3cr3t -mschapv2 -user hcover at krb.com -password hcover

<Realm krb.com>
	 #Strip realm
	RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
	<AuthBy LSA>
		Domain krb.com
		EAPType MSCHAP-V2
	</AuthBy>
</Realm>

The thing is that in both case I get :
	"Wed May 18 18:12:45 2005: DEBUG: Radius::AuthLSA looks for match with hcover"
This makes me think that it should be OK.
But in the first case, with RewriteUserName, I have :
	"Wed May 18 18:16:13 2005: WARNING: Could not LogonUserNetworkMSCHAP (V2): 3221225581, 0, fail to open a session: username or password unknown."
Obviously, my first though was wrong and I must have missed something.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Stéphane