(RADIATOR) Converting from Livingston user files to Radmin

Nacho Paredes iparedes at eurocomercial.es
Thu May 5 04:18:46 CDT 2005

Hello,

Thanks four your reply Hugh.

buildSQL works great, but convert just deals with Username and Password, and
I need to process check and reply items for each user, so I'll try to do
this part myself.

I've been digging in Radmin code and structure, and I've found out some
issues I would like you to tell me if I am right about them:

I'm starting with a SUBSCRIBERS table where I have the following columns:
User, Password, Check-items and Reply-items
I want to redistribute this information over the Radmin structure, so I'll
do this:

For each row in SUBSCRIBERS
	With User and Password I can populate the USERNAME and PASS_WORD
columns in RADUSERS.
	For each element in Check-items (where an element is something like
Attribute=Value)
		I have to populate de RADCONFIG table, so I will:
		Lookup in RADATTRS: ATTR_ID and VENDOR_ID where
NAME=Attribute
		I've seen that ITEM_TYPE in RADCONFIG is a sequencial number
where (0-9999) means check-item and (10000-) means reply-item
		At this point I can populate ATTR_ID, ITEM_TYPE, NAME,
VENDOR_ID in RADCONFIG, so I just have to set the value of the attribute. I
guess that the IVALUE column means a numeric value and the SVALUE column
means a string value, but is this related to the TYPE column in RADATTRS?
(what does mean that TYPE column?)
	For each element in Reply-items (I'll do the same in the previous
step)

This is roughly what I want to do, but I've seen some special cases, for
example, if I have a Framed-IP-Address in the Reply-items of a SUBSCRIBERS
record, I could put it in the STATICADDRESS of RADUSERS instead of putting
it in RADCONFIG. Is this true or am I missing something?

Please, tell me if my guessings are right.

Is in some place documented the Radmin SQL structure and its usage?

Thanks for your attention.

Regards