(RADIATOR) theoretical question

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Mar 11 03:07:37 CST 2005

Hello Bill -

Comments below.

On 10 Mar 2005, at 23:03, Bill Mattson wrote:

> If I have a Handler with 2 separate AuthBy's in it, will the second
> AuthBy get used if the first is successful?

Only if you use an AuthByPolicy to control the execution sequence.

Be aware however that you need to be very careful with AuthBy RADIUS
clauses because they operate asynchronously and always return IGNORE.

See section 6.24.1 in the Radiator 3.11 reference manual
("doc/ref.html").

What exactly are you wanting to do?

> Example:
> <Handler Called-Station-Id=/1234567890/>
> 	<AuthBy RADIUS>
> 		Host 12.34.56.78
> 		Secret whatever
> 		AuthPort 1645
> 		AcctPort 1646
> 		LocalAddress 87.65.43.21
> 		Retries 0
> 		RetryTimeout 15
> 	</Authby>
> 	<AuthBy RADIUS>
> 		Host 12.34.56.79
> 		Secret whatever
> 		AuthPort 1645
> 		AcctPort 1646
> 		LocalAddress 87.65.43.21
> 		Retries 0
> 		RetryTimeout 15
> 	</Authby>
> </Handler>
>
> If the 12.34.56.78 server handles the authentication, will 12.34.56.79
> ever get sent a request?
>
> Additionally, can I set up an <AuthBy> to send an email through a
> specified mail server each time it gets used?

No there is no direct support in Radiator to do this.

You can however use a ReplyHook in the AuthBy RADIUS clause to do
anything you wish, see the examples in "goodies/hooks.txt".

> Example:
> <Handler Called-Station-Id=/1234567890/>
> 	<AuthBy RADIUS>
> 		Host 12.34.56.78
> 		Secret whatever
> 		AuthPort 1645
> 		AcctPort 1646
> 		LocalAddress 87.65.43.21
> 		Retries 0
> 		RetryTimeout 15
> 	</Authby>
> 	<AuthBy RADIUS>
> 		Host 12.34.56.79
> 		Secret whatever
> 		AuthPort 1645
> 		AcctPort 1646
> 		LocalAddress 87.65.43.21
> 		Retries 0
> 		RetryTimeout 15
> 		SendMail mail at host.com mail.server.com
> 	</Authby>
> </Handler>
>
> Thanks in advance...
> Regards,
>
> Bill Mattson
> NTI

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au