(RADIATOR) Wi-Fi and Session Timeout

Camilo Echeverry camilin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 16:19:01 CST 2005

I've Tried to find the Service-Type attribute within the authentication packets
but had no luck
Also tried the Ascend-Maximum-Time attribute but the AP also uses it
as reauthentication Time.

So I'll explain (with more words) what I want to do:
We are planning to sell Wi-Fi connection by Megabytes (thats another
story) and by prepaid Time (this is the current story)
So we need disconnect the user when his prepaid time is over,
this is pretty easy with the modem connections using the Session-Timeout Attr.

We store all the auth and acct data in an Oracle DB.
I'm using an ORACLE trigger which substracts time from the users
account with each "Stop" based on the Session-Time Attr, but the only
way (I know) to get such Stop is when the user gets disconnected
so: if a user stays connected forever, there will be no way to disconnect him.

Any Idea .?

--
:wq

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au